Most people buy on emotion: They want something that will make them feel good or take a problem, issue or pain away.
People (& businesses) buy products & services because they want the BENEFITS or RESULTS those products & services provide. Newlyweds don't get excited because they "got a mortgage." They get excited because a mortgage will allow them buy their first home.
Be able to quickly and clearly identify at least 2-3 benefits or results each product or service you offer provides a customer.
- For a bank, mobile banking = 24/7 access; bank anywhere, anytime.
- For a mechanic = smooth ride, every time
- For a leadership team coach = cooperative, coordinated leadership
These are benefits the customers realize. They're more enticing than the actual product or services.
- For a bank, mobile banking = an app
- For a mechanic = new shocks and struts
- For a leadership coach = executive team coaching
If you're looking to minimize push back and increase your close rates, clarify what benefits you provide and what the customers are really saying 'Yes' to.
Copyright MMXIV - Liz Weber, CMC, CSP - Weber Business Services, LLC – www.WBSLLC.com +1.717.597.8890
Liz supports clients with strategic and succession planning, as well as leadership training and executive coaching.